current job openings
social media and sales associate
Rumpelstiltskin is seeking a part-time sales associate to join our small team to help with website/social media coordination and in-store sales and customer support. Applicant must be able to work weekdays/evenings and weekends shifts, approx. 10-20 hours per week.
We are a friendly and inclusive shop for knitters and fiber artists of all levels and styles. Our mission is to encourage the local fiber arts community to find and grow their passions through high-quality resources, education, and inspiration.
We are looking for flexible team members to help support our current team. Hours may increase depending on the season. This is a part-time, W2 hourly position, hourly rate is DOE.
Our ideal candidate is excited to use their retail and service experience to elevate the craft of knitting, crochet, spinning, weaving, and felting. They thrive in a highly collaborative and creative environment and enjoy building strong customer relationships through advising about, and helping with a variety of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to convey enthusiasm for our merchandise.
- You are reliable, dependable, and adaptable to frequent interruptions.
- You are an intermediate-to-expert knitter (crochet/weaving/spinning/felting experience a plus).
- You are organized, self-directed, and you take initiative when you see the need for action.
- You have previous retail or customer service experience.
- You can confidently operate a Mac computer, iPad, and associated programs.
- You have expertise in social media platforms Instagram and Facebook.
- You are familiar with using Ravelry.
- You can assist with pattern reading and correcting knitting mistakes.
- You have knowledge of yarn gauge, fiber characteristics, and pattern terminology.
- Ability to work on major holidays (i.e., day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Day).
- Experience with point-of-sale systems is a plus.
Please email your resume, a description of why you would like to work with us, and 3 photos of your fiber-related work to: [email protected] Please include your knitting-related Instagram or Ravelry handle.